Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:11:25 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Christian Baer <christian.baer@informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing geli-providers from passphrase to keyfile

--5UGlQXeG3ziZS81+

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:58:44PM +0100, Christian Baer wrote:
+> What I am basicly asking now, is if there is some way for me to use
+> the -k option (like in your script about) while attaching the providers
+> without having to copy all the data off the drives and initilising the
+> providers from scratch.  Since were are taking about quite a lot of
+> drive space here, this could take pretty long.
+>=20
+> Sorry for being unclear the first time around. I hope I did a better job
+> this time!

So what you basically want is to change your passphrase to a keyfile?

	# echo piped-passphrase | geli setkey -P -K - ad0s1d
	Enter passphrase:
	# echo piped-passphrase | geli attach -p -k - ad0s1d

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--5UGlQXeG3ziZS81+

--5UGlQXeG3ziZS81+--