Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:20:04 -0500
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@ds.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail + freebsd.org

I'm rebuilding an old box to function, I hope, as a mail server for my
small private network.  I'm wondering though, with the following
cirsumstances, can Sendmail be setup so that hub.freebsd.org accepts
mail from this machine?

Here's the network:

ISDN w/Dynamic IP

  Firewall/NAT (192.168)

       / \
     Mail (192.168)
           \
       local.net (192.168)

Is it possible to tweak Sendmail so that hub.freebsd.org and others like
it accept mail from the internal machine?  I've tried this before with
Masquerading but it failed.  That leads me to believe that either (a)
masquerading isn't enough or (b) I didn't implement it correctly.

Thanks for the help,
Jim