Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:06:07 +0100
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, who broke man?

>[...]
>I was sort of hoping to do a 3.0 snapshot tonite, but I guess not! ;-)
>
>					Jordan

Something else to worry about: I've been whingeing about slow builds with
-current kernels later than about Mar 20.

Building the kernel for ctm src-cur 2835 using an old (20 Mar) kernel takes
28:32 here, but the same build atop a 2835 kernel takes 3:18:34 :-(

Since there hasn't been a public outcry, I have to assume there's some
local factor. My -current machine is a 486 ISA with an Adaptec 1542CF and
20Mb, so I guess it could be bounce-buffer related. I'm prepared to go
digging if someone will give me a clue...

--
Bob Bishop              (0118) 977 4017  international code +44 118
rb@gid.co.uk        fax (0118) 989 4254  between 0800 and 1800 UK