Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 23:13:07 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
To:        david <david@magickalhome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thanks, ppp is working.  1 more question (for now:)

well I guess it does...
are you sure that it does not show up as a process when you issue ps ax
command?
well, also you may use automatic disconnection feauture it may disconnect if
you
stay some minutes idle, but you should set it from ppp.conf
also you may use telnet localhost 3000
well here 3000 is 3000(your tun number) and you may use your machines ip for
localhost
(I guess it was 3000 but I am not sure, you may check it from your man page
man ppp)
but first you will need to setup an ppp.secret file...