Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 2000 12:06:07 -0500
From:      "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
To:        Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Tecra 8100

Gunnar Flygt stated:
: >
: > This could also be an irq conflict.  What if you break into the
: > userconfig option and change the pcic0 irq from 10 to 0 .. to
: > put the pcic in polling mode.  A lot of the problems with sysinstall
: > and pccard irq issues have been helped out since 4.1 was released.
:
: OK! I've been installing 4.1-R on a lot of laptops, since this code was
: SO much better than the old one on pre4, so I thought it would run like
: a charm :) I use to set it to 0xd4000 for memory and IRQ 11. Has worked
: with a buncg of different laptops, old Toshiba, IBM 770E, Dell Latitude
: and others, but not so this time. Maybe I just have to get all the parts
: of 4.2-RELEASE, and give it a try.

You might also want to look in the BIOS on this puppy.  Things to look
for would be:

PNP OS = YES                ===> set to NO
Supported OS = Win9x/Win2k  ===> set to Other

I think Toshiba has an option either from within Windoze or the BIOS
to put the pcic in so-called "legacy mode" .. I think this is what we
need with FreeBSD until NEWCARD makes its debut :)

: > You could try installing 4.2-R using
: >
: > ftp://ftp.se.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.2-RELEASE/
:
: Sorry, I'm behind a firewall, but I'll try the floppies to see if the
: card is properly detected. Thanks for the help so far.

Hmmm... sysinstall ought to work with passive ftp.

Sean O'Connell                                       sean@stat.Duke.EDU