Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 1995 22:08:34 -0400
From:      e.knight@ix.netcom.com (Edward F. Knight)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking fro help on ppp

Greetings,

I am having dificulty dificulty getting on to the internet through my
network provider.

I have established my ppp link to gttw.com 204.181.168.4.  My ip address is
assigned to be 204.181.169.xxx.

My /etc/hosts file has 127.0.0.1 assigned to Localhost with an alias of say
xyz.com.  xyz.com being my machine name and domain.  There is also an entry
of 204.181.168.4 as gttw.com, my network provider.

I can ping myself as xyz.com but I can not seem to ping gttw.com.

I think my /etc/networks file needs editing and I think I need to establish
the existance of gttw.com as the router and gateway in the netstart script

I have mostly worked on SVR3 Interactive 3.2 and 4.0  and the similarities
seem to be few.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me get over this hump.
So I can get on with getting on.

Thanks,
Ted Knight