Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:02:36 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.psinet.net.au>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speed test

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:

> >Can you say "floating point?"  Sure, I knew you could.  Actually, in
> >terms of price/performance, FreeBSD/AXP would scare the pants off just
> >about any system in the world.  ;^)
>
> I know someone at Pixar (okay, the *only* person I know at Pixar :)) who
> would love to try FreeBSD/Alpha -- he loves FreeBSD, but needs the FP
> performance of the Alpha.

Erm. Last time I heard FreeBSD/Alpha hasn't gotten off the ground. :)
Please tell me I'm wrong, I have a 233Mhz Alpha XL, a 233Mhz multia
and a couple of 166Mhz Multia's that are meant to have arrived
a couple months ago :)

Cya

--
Adrian Chadd			| "Unix doesn't stop you from doing
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		|   stupid things because that would