Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 20:41:33 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: file disappeared?

According to Dean Lombardo:
> How on earth did that happen?!!!

Are you using softupdates ? If yes, there is a 30s window where the space is
still taken and not given back to the system.

> So I decided to run fsck, with -p at first:

Never run fsck on a live filesystem, you could screw up yourself big time.

> Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Either do a lot of sync or just wait 30s.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #2: Fri Apr 16 22:37:03 CEST 1999