Date:      Sat, 22 Mar 1997 20:36:45 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 video losing sync

 |While trying to determine the problem I create an ioctl to return
 |bt848 video input status. bits of interest in the bt848 status would include:
 |        if (ioctl(video, BT848_GSTATUS, &x) < 0)

 |this ioctl can be called at anytime to see the current PLL status.
 |        if (ioctl(video, TVTUNER_GETSTATUS, &x) < 0)

Thanks for the suggestions.  It looks like though that only the
TVTUNER_GETSTATUS ioctl is implemented in the 960320 version of the driver.
Can you mail me the code for your BT848_{GSTATUS,CCBARS,SCBARS} ioctls?
Thanks.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you mail me some contact info (names, phone
numbers, spec sheet #s, etc.) for getting all the docs on the Phillips
tuner, incl the TSA5522 datasheet you mentioned (and from grepping the
driver, I guess the PFC8582 as well).

Randall