Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:34:27 -0800
From:      "John Howie" <JHowie@msn.com>
To:        "Mauricio Westendorff Pegoraro" <mwp@pucrs.br>, "FreeBSD Security" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Windows Authentication through ipfw

Mauricio,

You'll need to allow access to ports 137/tcp, 138/tcp, and 139/tcp for
everything to "sort-of" work. I say "sort of" as 135/tcp and 135/udp (DCE
endpoint-mapper)  should also be open along with allowing the possibility
for communication on a variety of ports (both TCP and UDP) above 1023 which
are dynamic endpoints. In other words, it's a mess.

If I were you I would seriously consider installing RRAS on a machine on the
LAN inside the firewall which establishes a PPTP connection to the PDC. That
way, you only open up one port: 1723/tcp.

Hope this helps,

john...