Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:41:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marcel Mason <mmason@nunanet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CVSUP 3.0-RELEASE

The general advice I remember getting regarding csvup was that it's not
necessarily a good idea to use it to move between whole number releases
(eg 3.x -> 4.x) although quite frankly the reasons for this were fairly
unclear.

Are there in fact serious issues with doing this and would they be
compounded by not only going from 3.x -> 4.x but moving from RELEASE to
STABLE at the same time?

It would be the preferable option to have all boxes running the same
release.

Marcel