Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:49:56 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>, Pat Lynch <lynch@bsd.unix.sh>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Eclipse

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 09:54:31AM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 08:54:40AM -0500, Pat Lynch wrote:
> > anyone see this?
> >
> > http://www.bell-labs.com/project/eclipse/release/
>
> !@#$%$^!@
>
> Somebody branched off us?? :-)

No-one branched, it's a set of patches on 3.4-RELEASE.  Check out the
licence though: *not* BSD and not particularly free.  You're licenced to
install the stuff on one machine only, can only distribute mods/derived
works to other licencees, and Lucent lay claim to a lot of rights over any
such derived works -- including the right to sell it if they so choose.

Nice to see something like this on BSD though.  There are various Linux
add-ons that do similar things, that we've been evaluating for a project.
I know *I'd* find it cool to use a BSD-derived platform instead.

	Scott