Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:41:15 +0100
From:      "Roberto Ruffinengo" <r.ruffinengo@teoresi.it>
To:        ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh conflit with ipfw

> Dear Srs(a),
>
> 	I have using ssh on FreeBSD 4.2 Stable and put rules firewall to
> restrict the user for use some ports on my net.
> 	But the user using de forwarding for use the squid services on
> machine.
> 	The ssh donīt have mechanism to blocked it ???

squid is a proxy server , sshd (i think you mean sshd  not ssh ) is a
another applications, while ipfw  is a packet forwarder/filtering mechanism.
So what is your problem?

> 	The ssh donīt have a file type /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
> to controler the services for use some ports forwads, for use only
> determined ipīs ???

yes, sshd_config, in /etc or /usr/local/etc

> Thanks.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-ipfw" in the body of the message

Roberto Ruffinengo

Teoresi s.r.l.
Via Perugia, 24  -  10152 Torino (TO)
Tel. +39 (0)11 2408000