Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2011 21:43:51 -0700
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <novel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bwn + BETA3/ppc = very unstable

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

  Roman Bogorodskiy wrote:

>   Adrian Chadd wrote:
>=20
> > There've been a few comments about bwn stability and performance when
> > running on ppc.
> > Unfortunately I don't have any ppc hardware that's suitable.
> >=20
> > The performance issue is likely due to endianness in some eeprom fiddli=
ng code.
> >=20
> > The illegal instruction? i'm not sure; can you please get a backtrace
> > from the debugger so we can see exactly where it's dying?
>=20
> Thanks for the info!
>=20
> I will try to get a backtrace.
>=20
> Unfortunately, keyboard for some reason stops working when kernel
> crashes, so I cannot get it online and also there's nothing in
> /var/crash (but it seems dumpdev and dumpdir are set correctly by
> default), so will need to figure out how to do it.
>=20
> Roman Bogorodskiy

Hm, I have applied a fix similar to this one:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/ic/bwi.c.diff?r1=3D1.88;r=
2=3D1.89

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I had no panics since
then. Packet loss rate are still very high - first packets go through
without losses, but eventually loss rate goes up.

Now uptime is 1 hour and loss rate is about 80-85%.

Any directions how can I debug this?

Roman Bogorodskiy

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL--