Date:      23 Jul 1998 10:31:44 +0200
From:      smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: keyboard lights

Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com> writes:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Kazutaka YOKOTA wrote:
> > The keyboard flashes all LEDs at once when it is resetting.  Maybe
> > the power to the keyboard is somewhat shaky?
> I suppose so, but the connector certainly doesn't feel shaky, and I
> never lose keystrokes or anything.

One way to tell is to set a high autorepeat rate (and a low autorepeat
delay), either in the Keyboard section in /etc/XF86Config or with
'kbdcontrol -r fast' if you don't use X, and see if they revert to
normal when the LEDs flash. If they do, it means your keyboard is
spuriously resetting, which probably indicates a hardware malfunction
(either of the keyboard itself - try a different keyboard - or of the
keyboard connector on the motherboard).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - smoergrd@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com