Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:41:33 -0500
From:      "Waite, Michael" <Michael.Waite@compaq.com>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   the new DS10-L

I new it was too good to be true.
Looks like we are back to the drawing board unless i am having a brain
cramp.

The ISO image that worked so well on the XP1000 does not work on the new
"slate" systems.

I have two internal 9 gig scsi drives. atwo nics, one qlogic and an external
cdrom/floppy hanging out of the box plugged into the onboard ide controller.

Any chance that someone out there has done a slate install successfully?

I gave up on making the clone as I don't have the time to sit there and
newfs partitions etc.
I had hoped that FreeBSD supported "dd" At least to just get the system up
and running.

-----Mike

Michael Waite
Global Partnering Solutions Services