Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 19:12:49 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely5.cicely.de>
To:        "Roberto Nunnari, AGIE" <roberto.Nunnari@agie.ch>
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error messages...

On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 11:06:33AM +0100, Roberto Nunnari, AGIE wrote:
> Hi Bernd.
>
> What makes you think it's a problem with the cables and
> termination? To my understanding cables either work or
> don't... But here it can work very well and smooth for hours
> with variable traffic load without a single error message.
> Then, something goes wrong and the connection freezes.
> Then, after a reboot every thing is OK again.

You are seeing CRC errors. That means the data doesn't made it properly
over the S0.
When I wrote cabeling I don't absolutely mean that the cable itself is
broken but maybe inproperly used or a bad connector.
I've made the expirience of an isdn phone that stoped ringing after a
while and I needed to plug out/in to get it working again.
The Computer on the same S0 worked fine.
The reason was a bad connecor - both devices where behind it but only
the telephone did not work.

> Is there a way to find out if the card/driver is still in a
> valid state?

Check if your S0 topology and termination is within the rules.
If you don't have a bad connector or device it should work.
Otherwise try and false if you don't have special measuring equipment.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de