Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 05:12:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      robert Backhaus <robbakfreebsd@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        pjklist@ekahuna.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running multiple NICs

--- "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist@ekahuna.com> wrote:
> System has an embedded Intel fxp0 NIC, works fine.
> Running
> 4.6.1-RC2.
>
> Installed a Znyx multi-port NIC (uses dc driver).
> This also works
> fine, however once I bring up the dc0 interface, the
> fxp0 interface
> loses its IP address. (ifconfig shows it to be
> active, but the IP
> address/mask info goes away)
>
> Is there something obvious I'm not doing?  For
> testing purposes they
> are both residing on the same segment and subnet.

That is Standard practice. 2 cards on the smame subnet
simply won't work.(Think - where would it send the
packet??)
Try using a different subnet for the second one, to
see if it works in ifconfig. Set a second machine to
the subnet to see if you can ping. Then try for kernel
setup etc, but the on the same subnet just won't work
without special routing considerations.

Robert Backhaus