Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 1995 20:05:37 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: getopt(1)

As Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> Yes I object, please convert you old scripts to be portable and
> use getopts(1) so you don't have to keep hauling getopt(1) around!

Well, i'd accept your objection, but i've just been noticing that i
wasn't really clear: it's not for _my_ sake -- i know how to convert
the scripts (at least after RTFMing).  But getopt(1) used to be part
of the system for a rather long time, and i'm under the impression
that we're missing it since it has been part of the `tainted' sources
from the original BSD.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/