Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:43:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rob Simmons <rsimmons@wlcg.com>
To:        Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
Cc:        Ragnar Beer <rbeer@uni-goettingen.de>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: security settings documentation

I would disagree with -bd being mandatory.  Sure it is needed if the
server is a mailserver or needs to recieve mail for some reason.  I agree
that it should be "-bd -q30m" in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, but I think the
"High" security profile should have only -q30m.  In fact I think the
Fascist level should have this setting instead of disabling sendmail
altogether.

If you disable sendmail altogether, doesn't that keep the daily/weekly
root mails from being sent?

Robert Simmons
Systems Administrator
http://www.wlcg.com/