Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 01:43:02 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jburkholder0829@home.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   new runq code was Re: HEADS UP ...

Another thing I forgot to mention about this is that I tried to
allow for using a 64 bit status word for keeping track of the
run queues.

The way it works is that we have some power of 2 number of run
queues, and bit array to keep track of which has processes on
it; a set bit means non-empty.  (same as the old run queue code,
just generalized)

If its better for some archs it should be possible to have a
machine/runq.h which uses some number of 64 bit words for the
bit array, rather than 32 bits.  The rqb_word_t type would be
u_int64_t, there's a RQB_FFS() macro that can be defined to
ffs64() etc.

Might be worth thinking about if you're looking to optimize.

Jake