Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 05:07:32 -0400
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Address to reach human operator regarding problems with list?

When a list member has problems with the list that require contacting a human list owner/operator, what is the address to send to?

I received a probe message regarding messages to me that bounced, might have been spams that slipped by the list's filters.

I was advised in the message that the address was freebsd-questions-owner@freebsd.org, and I sent my message to that address, got back a message from

owner-moderators@freebsd.org with the subject

Your message to moderators awaits moderator approval

Quoting the message,

  Your mail to 'moderators' with the subject

      Re: freebsd-questions mailing list probe message

  The reason it is being held:

      Post by non-member to a members-only list

  notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel

      http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/confirm/moderators/693387bfce42bd3639754d5b2b906e4ad6ce4bcf

  PLEASE NOTE!  If you would like to post freely to the list, please
  subscribe first.  If you post from multiple addresses, you can
  subscribe each address and go into the options page and select 'no
  mail' for all but one address. This will allow you to post without
  delay in the future.

  Sorry for the hassle, but certain immature people made this necessary.

(end of quote)

So did I post to the wrong address, were the instructions in error regarding freebsd-questions-owner@freebsd.org?

Should that have been owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org ?

Sorry to have to bother this list with such an administrative issue.

Tom