Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:57:29 -0700
From:      Everett F Batey <efb@cotdazr.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        efbatey@cotdazr.org
Subject:   enlightenment-0.16.4 and FreeBSD 2.2.8, not-ELF

Looking for bright ideas .. I am hard tied for some time to FBSD 2.2.8 ..

Really want to be running the window product enlightenment-0.16.4 which
seems to crash for lack of ld-elf (suppose means was built for ELF and
guessing 228 is pre-ELF).

Is there a work around to get enlightenment without u/g of FBSD 2.2.8 ?

If so how ?

Thanks /Ev/

--
 + http://www.vhwy.com  efb@vhwy.com WA6CRE@arrl.net http://www.cotdazr.org +
 + PocketNet Mail to efbatey@mobile.att.net / Cell/VoiceMail  805 340-6471  +

Tried updating the /usr/ports/x11-wm/enlightenment directory .. all I got was
an apparently bad or misused .. Makefile .. resulted in ...

WHAT HAVE I LEARNED FROM THIS ???

>> .tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/enlightenment/.
fetch: pub/enlightenment/enlightenment/.tar.gz: cannot get remote modification time
fetch: ftp://ftp.enlightenment.org/pub/enlightenment/enlightenment/.tar.gz: FTP error:
fetch: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.dti.ad.jp/pub/X/enlightenment/enlightenment/.
fetch: pub/X/enlightenment/enlightenment/.tar.gz: cannot get remote modification time
fetch: ftp://ftp.dti.ad.jp/pub/X/enlightenment/enlightenment/.tar.gz: FTP error:
fetch: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.enlighte.nu/pub/Enlightenment/Enlightenment/.
fetch: ftp.enlighte.nu: Connection refused
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://beaver.its.vu.edu.au/pub/enlightenment/.
fetch: beaver.its.vu.edu.au: Unknown host
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.
fetch: pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.tar.gz: cannot get remote modification time
fetch: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/distfiles//.tar.gz: FTP error:
fetch: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.