Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:38:45 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jacks@sage-american.com>
To:        "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>, users@spamassassin.apache.org
Cc:        perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD port of SpamAssassin 3.0.0 (continued)

At 04:37 AM 9.24.2004 -0400, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>I've gotten a Makefile mostly tuned for sa3, based on the FreeBSD port
>makefile for 2.64.  I've added most of the dependencies, but FreeBSD
>doesn't have ports for Net::SMTP or IP::Country::Fast, so those two
>features can't be auto-installed unless the ports maintainer comes up with
>them.
>
>I'm also not *quite* sure of the syntax for requiring a specific *version*
>of a perl module from within the ports tree.
>
>I've added an optional WITH_SSL=yes define that will auto-ssl-ify things.
>
>Finally, there's a few prompts that as-of-yet cannot be bypassed, I've
>opened a bug on those.
>
>So, suffice it to say it should be a while before we see this in the ports
>tree.  I'm going to send my changes along to perl@freebsd.org and see what
>they think.
>
>-Dan
>

>--
>
>"Goodbye my peoples.  I'll miss each one of you.  Sniff-Sniff I now know
>the true meaning of love.  Thank you Sniff-Sniff.  You are all in my
>heart."
>
>-Chris D.

Dan: Yes, before asking my question, I did notice the ports were frozen & I
also "played" with the 2.64 port without luck too. But, thought maybe
someone else had some sort of time estimate for the new port.

Guess we'll have to just wait patiently although that's not easy.

Many thanks for the responses!

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator