Date:      Thu, 09 Feb 1995 00:24:29 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>, FreeBSD hackers list <FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, vak@cronyx.msk.su
Subject:   Re: Using seagate driver with Future Domain 950: :-(

> 	so what's an accountant.  sounds like a test engineer is
> required...nothing gets into the distribution tree till after testing by
> a couple of people.  including some serious hammering on the code.

Let me elaborate:

We truly need someone with an accountant's heart (or better yet, an
administrative assistant's) to take down all the details of who has
what and basically keep a monster rolodex (or rolodex analog) from
hell that lists each and every person who's ever contacted us and
represents some resource - a commercial contact, a piece of hardware
to test, a good beta-tester's personality, whatever!  Something that
enables somebody like me, who's totally inept at proper bookkeeping,
to then come along and say to that person "Person, I need to put
together a BETA test team.  Please find me all the people in your
little database who have either the "nit-picking pedant" or "owns
unusual hardware (with detail)" attributes set!  Ah yes, thank you..
Hmmmm..  My, what an interesting statistical correlation - 86% of the
people in this list have *both* attributes set!" :-)

Anyway, this AA type person would also keep a file of contacts that
should be kept alive and remind me to call them every once in awhile
("Hey, Bernie!  How's it hangin', bro?  Yeah?  Good!  <pause> Really!
With a pitchfork, eh?  Geeze, that's rough!  Well, don't worry, you'll
find another one.  So, uh... I was just wondering.  How's that
Gronking Industries CDROM controller driver of yours coming?").
And so forth.

Sigh..  Basically, I think the project needs a secretary!  Perhaps
before too much time goes by, we'll even be able to hire one.
Wouldn't that be nice! :)

						Jordan