Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:47:50 -0800
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        "Michael Nolan" <mmikkkk@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Floppy installation

Michael...

+AHw-After following the instructions I checked the disk and it is blank
,or,
+AHw-seems to be blank.
+AHw-Is there anything wrong with this procedure?

What follows is the procedure that I've recently (and successfully)
used. Modify yours accordingly:

+ACM-1 in DOS+AFw-Windows create the directory c:+AFw-freebsd
+ACM-2 insure (DL or move) that fdimage.exe, boot.flp, and mfsroot.flp
are all living in c:+AFw-freebsd
+ACM-3 format 2 diskettes -- do a full format then label them boot.flp
and mfsroot.flp respectively
+ACM-4 If not in Dos open a Dos Window and place the empty boot.flp in Dr
+ACM-5 cd to freebsd
+ACM-5 type: fdimage c:+AFw-freebsd+AFw-boot.flp a:
+ACM-7 Insert empty mfsroot.flp in Dr A when +ACM-5 is done
+ACM-8 type: fdimage c:+AFw-freebsd+AFw-mfsroot.flp a:
+ACM-9 Insert boot.flp in Dr A
+ACM-10 Exit windows and reboot or if in Dos Alt-Ctrl-Del
+ACM-11 Insert mfsroot.flp when you're asked to
+ACM-12 and Bob's your uncle+ACEAIQ-