Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 14:24:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, dfr@nlsystems.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: CFR: db_trace.c from NetBSD

On 07-Jun-01 Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> I'd like to update our db_trace.c to use Ross Harvey's clever
> NetBSD traceback methods.
>
> The advantages are that we get a _lot_ more info.

Yes please.  The only comments I would make is that I would not remove the
check that bounds the count at 65535 for the default case (so that if you hit a
loop it will terminate at 65535 frames not 2 billion frames).  Once this is
committed I will probably change the way the have_addr branch works to be
identical to that on the x86 (just trace pid, not trace tpid).  This looks
great.  Thanks!