Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:18:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <gollucci@wam.umd.edu>
To:        Allen May <allen@daytondigital.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MySQL install errors

Because you actually want to do
mysqladmin -u root password 'passwordhere'

then mysqladmin -u root --password='passusedhere'

Philip M. Gollucci (p6m7g8)
Web-site    : http://www.p6m7g8.com
E-mail      : gollucci@wam.umd.edu
	      Philip@p6m7g8.com
Phone       : 301.249.6261 (Home)
	      301.314.3118 (College)
Major       : Computer Science
Minor	    : Classical & Jazz Performance
Current Job : Science, Discovery, & the Universe Webmaster
Resume	    : http://www.wam.umd.edu/~gollucci/resume.html