Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 17:20:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        J McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux convert...

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, J McKitrick wrote:

> Well, here i am .. finally made the switch.  Should i be worried about
> linux leaving us in the dust in a year or two?

Didn't I just answer a question like this from you a few days ago?

It really depends what you mean by "leaving us in the dust", if you
mean pretty bootup sequences with color checkboxes like so:

starting xyz                                 [ OK ]

and splash screens with blue progress indicators, along with userland
tools that attempt to outsmart you... then we are already "in the
dust".

Fortunatly we aren't striving to be a pretty MS-Windows replacement
so this shouldn't concern you.

FreeBSD 4.0 is shaping up to be more than just an overhyped eye
catcher, it's truly an amazing daemon.

Stick around, it's worth the ride.

-Alfred