Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:21:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dmitry Kohmanyuk <dk@dog.farm.org>
To:        regnauld@tetard.glou.eu.org (Philippe Regnauld)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: single-user console in 2.1.5

In article <199609101700.TAA02302@tetard.glou.eu.org> you wrote:
> This probably shoudn't go in hackers but... =20

> 	I changed 'secure' to insecure in /etc/ttys for the console :

> 	console none                            unknown off insecure

> 	This   is  so that  the   root  password  is  asked  when going  to
> 	single-user mode.   Unfortunately, it  doesn't work (refused  every

I bet you've installed securedist (DES), but your init haven't been updated.
unpack sbin sources are recompile init (there are also some other programs which
use -lcrypt and are compiled statically, bdes, smth else?), but only init is
important here.

--
The President is not in his office at this time. Please leave your name, phone
number, the name of the country you wish to invade, and the secret password.