Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 01:53:59 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Advice sought on upgrading from 4.11-R to 5.4...

At 3:49 PM -0700 2005-09-28, Doug Barton wrote:

>  What would be nice is if people actually read the man page for mergemaster,
>  which has had this example in it for a long time now.

	I checked the man page.  There is no direct "ignore" option,
although there is a "strict" option.  If you set up an
/etc/mergemaster.rc, you can set up "DIFF_OPTIONS=" value, and there
is an example of how to do that so that it ignores FreeBSD CVS Id
tags.

	However, I was talking about ignoring all differences that occur
only in comments (not just FreeBSD CVS Id tags), and it's not obvious
as to how to modify the "DIFF_OPTIONS=" setting to suit.  Moreover, I
was hoping for a command-line option to control this setting, and
that it might be set by default -- no /etc/mergemaster.rc required.

--
Brad Knowles, <brad@stop.mail-abuse.org>

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

   SAGE member since 1995.  See <http://www.sage.org/>; for more info.