Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:37:41 -0500
From:      Thomas Stromberg <tstromberg@rtci.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   semi-HEADS-UP (dumpon now wants raw disk device)

While this was mentioned in the commit log for dumpon.c by phk, I figure
I'd save you the loss of a kernel core to find out like the one I lost
this morning. In rc.conf (or wherever you load dumpon) make sure you
change it to using a raw device. dumpon no longer accepts block devices,
as they were just cleaned out of -CURRENT. This relates to the heads up
that Brian Somers sent on Sunday.

You need to make world first or at least rebuild savecore/dumpon, as
ache made some commits to it this morning.

IE, old dumpdev in /etc/rc.conf:	dumpdev="/dev/wd0s1b"

Should be changed to:			dumpdev="/dev/rwd0s1b"