Date:      Sun, 01 Jun 1997 12:43:58 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://rah.star-gate.com/HyperNews/get/forums/sound.html

Two issues mailing lists and  project data books.

As for  mailing lists, I use , mh, exmh and glimpse.
exmh is a tcl/tk interface for mh  for further info please see:
http://www.sunlabs.com/~bwelch/exmh/

You can index any mailing list and use glimp via exmh to search the
mailing lists.

webglimpse is a little different in that it generates html pages which
then turns around and indexes .

For a project , I think that there is a need to have information repositories
whose content are controlled and organized . A good example is
Bt848 Project Web Page: http://freebsd.org/~fsmp/HomeAuto/Bt848.html
It would have been nice to have archived some of the dialogues that
we have carried out in the Bt848 project about design/trade off issues.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio