Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 2020 18:56:58 +0200
From:      Roger Pau =?utf-8?B?TW9ubsOp?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>
To:        Brian Buhrow <buhrow@nfbcal.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The vnclisten parameter is ignored with hvm domains under xen-4.12.1 and FreeBSD-12.0

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 08:47:41AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> 	hello.  I'm trying to configure an hvm domain with a vnc listener  on
> one of the dom0's network addresses, rather than 127.0.0.1.
>
> If I use a line like:
> vfb = [ 'type=vnc,vnc=1,vnclisten=10.14.200.200' ]

type=vnc doesn't seem to be a known option according to the xl.cfg man
page [0].

> in the config file, I still get a vnc listener on 127.0.0.1, rather than
> 10.14.200.200.

Do you also have a VNC sever without using vfb enabled? (ie: the
global xl.cfg vnc option). It might be useful if you post the full
xl.cfg maybe.

> 	A google search suggests this is somewhat of a known problem, but I
> don't see a patch in the upstream version of xen-tools that addresses it.
> Is there an easy fix for this issue, or perhaps I need to do what I want in
> a different way?

I think you will likely get more information by posting to xen-devel
directly, as this doesn't seem related to FreeBSD.

Roger.

[0] https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.12-testing/man/xl.cfg.5.html