Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:04:44 +0100
From:      "Idar Tollefsen" <Idar.Tollefsen@baerum.kommune.no>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Undefined references in libc_r

Hello,

I'm running 4.4-STABLE on an ev56 (21164A/164LX).

After having a lot of trouble with different ports failing
configuration and build, I've tracked down the problem to
be libc_r.

An example is glib-1.2.10. It fails configuration
with this message:
libc_r: undefined reference: _sys_thread_sigreturn

Other ports have similar problems, but with different undefined
references (such as pthread_create, e.g.).

I've tried to delete /usr/src/lib/libc_r and cvsup it again,
but it didn't help.

Could it be a problem that I have libpthread.so and libpthreads.so
installed as part of the OSF1 compat kit? I tried to rename them and
then build glib, but it didn't help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- IT