Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 07:31:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux XFree86 under FreeBSD?

On 03-Jun-99 Brian W. Buchanan wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> I tried the Linux binary and with some minor tweaking got it to run just
> fine, if a little slower than the native FreeBSD binary at startup.  I was
> unable to get Quake2 to work with the GL driver though... I still need to
> work on that.  Unfortunately, the Linux XF86_SVGA renders the console
> quite useless except for Ctrl-Alt-Del when switching from X to a text
> console. :( :(  If someone who builds a FreeBSD binary could stick it on a
> web/ftp site somewhere, I'd much appreciate it.

I didn't have much luck with the supplies binary either, but the one I built
last night with the patches works fine.  I haven't yet built the glx stuff
(doing so right now) but check out http://members.home.net/cpiazza/riva/ for
the binaries and all the patches/sources that you might need.

---
Chris Piazza    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
           cpiazza@home.net
finger norn@norn.ca.eu.org for PGP key