Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 1997 14:55:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        scrappy@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Postgresql 6.2

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Same effect here on -current. I had to add backslashes to the
> startup script, did you try to use the latest update of the
> rc script in the filesdir ?

The script which didn't work has...

  $Id: pgsql.sh.tmpl,v 1.2 1997/10/03 18:26:54 andreas Exp $

> > 2) When loading my dumped data, my system crashes reliably.
> >    The only evidence I have at the moment is:
>
> BTW, which pg_dumpall script did you use, the one from 6.1 or
> 6.2 ?

As suggested by the instructions, I used the pg_dumpall from 6.2.

> But I don't believe this ... Cc'd to scrappy, maybe he is able
> to help. He wrote me in a personal e-mail, that 6.2 is a real
> improvement over 6.1, so maybe he knows more about this and
> can help ...

Well, I put you on the To: list just because your fingerprints
were on the port; I do expect scappy will be better equipped to
follow this up.  :)

-john