Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 20:18:31 -0700
From:      "John L. Sackett III" <jsackett@jsackett.slip.rtd.com>
To:        Tom Jackson <toj@gorillanet.gorilla.net>, "freebsd-smp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Running RC5

Tom Jackson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone successfully running this client normally. ie.
> running just *one* instance of the client and numcpu=2
> and achieve about 2X the normal crack rate.
>
> Mine appears to crack at about 1/2 rate. A single PII-266
> cracks at about 745 kkeys/s. Mine completes a block at
> 377 kkeys/s. Anybody have any thoughts on this?
>
> Tom

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-smp" in the body of the message

  set your client to 1 in the number of cpu's and run 2 processes,
that's what I do.
the two processes run and slice back and forth between the processors.
I noticed
the mt client with processors set to 2 just occupies the time of one
processor. I  did not
notice a problem with duplication of keys, either.  I also run them not
very nice.

John Sackett