Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 10:39:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.3R on big hulking Tlaser..

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:57:02AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
>
> > Hey! Alright!
>
> Yep. In the meantime the installation of 4.3R from CD completed without a
> hitch.
>
> It is just that after a reboot I don't seem to have a console.

For a variety of unpleasant reasons, you have to make sure that either
this

zs0     "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"         vt100  on secure

or

console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure

is on. 4.3 ships with console 'off'. There's all this bushwa about X and yatta
yatta yatta. The answer was ttyd0 should work. Not. Oh well.

If you do zs, you have to manually make zs, as in

mknod /dev/zs0 c 135 0 root:wheel

as zs isn't in MAKEDEV.