Date:      Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:33:37 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CGI Style conversion

--PZYVFYZbFYjzBslI

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 07:08:03AM -0700, Bill Fenner wrote:

> So, I'm ready to commit the first phase.  Anyone want to do any
> further testing before I do so?  The diffs are at
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/newcgi.diff .

Looks good.  Is it possible to print "&copy; 1995-$thisyear" for ease of
maintenance or is it not allowed to programatically claim copyright?

> >Would I be able to talk you into looking at dosendpr.cgi so
> >that we can get rid of html.pl?
>=20
> I had started out thinking that I could make stub functions for
> the html.pl functionality in cgi-style, but haven't looked into it
> deeply.  New-look-ifying the html.pl users is on my list, but
> making the new look available in the first place was my primary
> goal and I might not have cycles to continue the project after
> this part is done.

That's fair.  dosendpr.cgi is the only consumer of html.pl, if that
helps to swing it :)

> >(this is also a blocker on any possible GNATS4 upgrade).
>=20
> Sorry, I'm too dense to understand why?

Hmm, it isn't actually, now that I remember the details properly.
I confused really hating html.pl with really hating
query-pr-summary.cgi.  Sorry about that.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--PZYVFYZbFYjzBslI

--PZYVFYZbFYjzBslI--