Date:      Wed, 08 Mar 2000 11:31:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        tom brown <tmcb1971@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Is the PAO install always this hard?

Hi,

I also have FreeBSD on a laptop....I did not use the pao install at all...I
found it a pain. There are a couple options I can suggest:

1) If your Laptop has a CDROM, install a 3.4 from there and cvsup to the latest
sources.

2) Install -current (which I am running). It detected my pcmcia NIC right off
the bat with the boot floppies.

What card do you have that you think may not be seen or hard to configure?

It took me about 3 hrs to get my system to see both my NIC and PCMCIA modem
after the install...it wasnt that difficult.

E-Mail: bwoods2@uswest.net
Date: 08-Mar-00
Time: 11:28:22l