Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 13:59:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: no sound with fxtv

Hi Louie,

Thanks for the pointers.

> Can you narrow down the problem to either the sound card or the video
> capture?  E.g., what if you plug some other line-level audio source into
> the sound card, or the line-out from the video into an amp?

When I plug the speaker amp into the Hauppauge's Line-Out, not even a humm.

> If this used to work

Not really.  Never tried to get sound out of the Hauppauge.  The mcast vat
was mike into the sound card.  Hence my suspicion of the WinTV.

> did the kernel driver autodetect the right tuner and board type?

How can I tell?  The tuner seems to be tuning the video part just fine.

    bktr0: <BrookTree 878> rev 0x02 int a irq 10 on pci0.10.0
    bti2c0: <bt848 Hard/Soft I2C controller>
    iicbb0: <I2C generic bit-banging driver> on bti2c0
    iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
    Probing for devices on iicbus0: <80> <81> <a0> <a1> <c2> <c3>
    smbus0: <System Management Bus> on bti2c0
    smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0
    Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
    Probing for devices on PCI bus 1:
    vga0: <Matrox model 051f graphics accelerator> rev 0x00
          int a irq 11 on pci1.0.0
    Probing for PnP devices:
    CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL00c3 [0xc3008c0e] Serial 0x1fd0a682
          Comp ID: PNPb02f [0x2fb0d041]

How can I tell if the Hauppauge is a Philips FR1236 tuner?  The manual is
all about how to set up Win95 aps, zero specs.

randy