Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:44:09 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mipam <mipam@ibb.net>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@rwsystems.net>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, "Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED" <mencl@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>, Ali Alaoui El Hassani <961BE653994@stud.alakhawayn.ma>, CrazZzy Slash <slash@krsu.edu.kg>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Subject:   Re: Encryption over IP

> Could you be a bit more specific? I can see where the extra overhead isn't
> always pretty, but I can't see where it *hurts* things other than network
> throughput. Actually the throughput doesn't suffer all *that* much, if you
> measure it and you have medium packets. For short, telnet-class packets
> the overhead is more noticable than FTP, NNTP, SMTP, HTTP, etc... - Jy@

Okay, here is a nice article concerning tcp over tcp:
http://sites.inka.de/sites/bigred/devel/tcp-tcp.html
In here more details are worked out.
I know many ppl deffer in this, however, my own experiences with tcp over
tcp werent that good at all and i am working from a T1 connection, so i
cant say that my connection is that slow. Anyway, my own experiences,
together with this article why tcp over tcp can cause problems
lead to my opinion that tcp over tcp isnt such a good idea.
I was happy that i wasnt the only one who experienced problems with this.
Plz read the above article, then consider again conerning tcp over tcp.

Some ppl even claim that tcp over tcp, so that tcp has a reliable carrier,
is a good idea in fact.... If they could bring in some arguments why, i
could consider them.
Bye,

Mipam.