Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2015 08:06:39 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        Robert Simmons <rsimmons0@gmail.com>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports-secteam@freebsd.org, "Jung-uk Kim" <jkim@FreeBSD.org>, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: java/openjdk8 and jre

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 23:00, Robert Simmons wrote:
> I don't see a problem with that. u65 is the security fix version and u66
> is
> a bugfix that includes u65. The openjdk project appears to have skipped
> straight to u66 since both were released simultaneously.
>
> From Oracle's website: "Java SE 8u65 includes important security fixes.
> Oracle strongly recommends that all Java SE 8 users upgrade to this
> release. Java SE 8u66 is a patch-set update, including all of 8u65 plus
> additional features (described in the release notes)."
>
> The openjdk website lists u66 as released.

Where did you see u66 on the OpenJDK site? I tried to browse the site
and find the latest release and it was a futile attempt. Their website
is terrible. (openjdk.java.net)

CC'ing jkim@ as he has more Java port knowledge than I do... I don't
foresee myself updating the port, but I can get a vuxml entry added.

--
  Mark Felder
  feld@feld.me