Date:      Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:51:08 -0500
From:      Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
Cc:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Realtime video capture/divx encoding (brooktree) beta testers  required

Charles Henrich wrote:

> On the subject of Re: Realtime video capture/divx encoding (brooktree) beta
> testers required, Heiko Recktenwald stated:
>
> > At 7:48 Uhr +0100 05.03.2002, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> >
> > >     PS: I am more interested in mpeg1 than DivX because with mpeg1 the
> > >stream can be watched as it is being made.
> >
> > Would it help to "hint" it on the fly like it is done with mpeg4ip ?
>
> I dont get it?  You can play raw .avi streams without doing anything, just
> play it as its being created.

AVI sticks it's summary information at the end of the file though.  You
need
the entire file if you want to play it. ASF, MPEG1, and perhaps WMV
files
have headers at the beginning of the file (or at the beginning of each
block)
so you can do this.

--
  \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese@mitre.org
 |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer