Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 1995 00:41:27 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        FreeBSD-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: sup not working

>On Sun, 2 Apr 1995, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>
>> >bigbang# sup -vzo supfile
>> >SUP 8.26 (4.3 BSD) for file supfile at Apr  1 23:37:42
>> >It just sits here and does nothing afterwards...
>> Try again after running these commands as root:
>>
>> sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0
>> sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1644=0
>
>	Thanks!  It works now... What was the original problem anyways?

FreeBSD supports transaction TCP.  Almost no other vendor does.  Most
terminal servers' SLIP protocols aren't up to snuff with the new protocol
and choke.  So, if you're sitting behind a SLIP link, you should turn off
these features (ala sysctl) and inform your ISP that they should contact
their terminal server vendor for patches.

>Also, I noticed that sometimes sup messes up with some files that is supped
>but when I tried resupping, it doesn't fix those files.. I even tried to
>rm -rf /usr/sup and resup and the same thing happened...  Is there anyway to
>have sup make sure I get a exact copy of the file?

I'm working on a checksumming option to sup, but the only way to make it
resup a file that it has timestamped is to "touch" the file.