Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:23:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: -STABLE (was: ncurses.h and #define trace _nc_trace)

[ Jordan, I'm Cc:ing you as release engineer as -STABLE has been partially
  broken for nearly three weeks now. ]

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> This causes clear breakage in -STABLE and lots of wasted time for users
> of the Wine port and myself (answering support requests), for example.

I reported that problem to -hackers on May 26th. On June 6th I filled
it as PR misc/19077 with highest priority and even included a patch.

Neither my concerns about the MFC happening before the original patch
got installed in -CURRENT nor the problem per se have been addressed.

From the mails I get as the (new) maintainer of the Wine port I see that
lots of people loose lots of time due this bug in -STABLE and -CURRENT.

Is there a way to
 a) escalate such issues that at least -STABLE gets fixed ASAP?
 b) mark a port to notify users not to try using it on -STABLE and
    -CURRENT?

Gerald