Date:      Wed, 21 May 1997 21:35:02 +0200
From:      Torbjorn Granlund <tege@nada.kth.se>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Re: Sony SDT-9000 DAT drive

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 21:35:02 +0200
From: Torbjorn Granlund <tege>

I found the problem with my Sony SDT-9000.  Blush  :-(

Before I took the drive in operation, I replaced the front plate in order to
fit the unit in a 5" bay.  There were no instructions whatsoever on how to
do this.  I missed that a tiny little lever from the drive needed to be put
between the door and a lever on the door.

Now when I removed the 5" stuff in order to give back the drive to the
supplier, I noticed the problem.

If you get one of these new DAT drives, be careful.  The drive now works
great and is much faster than any DAT drive I have used previously.

Torbjorn

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy