Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:00:26 +0000
From:      Randall Creighton <randyc@cablerocket.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mic support on a asus A7V266-E

Hi,
can anybody help me with getting the mic input working on a Asus
A7V266-V. The sound works fine with the following kernel config line:

device
	pcm

The output of dmesg:

pcm0: <CMedia CMI8738> port 0xd800-0xd8ff irq 5 at device 5.0 on pci0

All of my apps work fine, and when I boot to win200 the mic works fine
also. I've tried different kernel configurations with no luck.
I'm beginning to think that this driver and chipset have some issues
when used together.

Thanks for your time

Randy