Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 1995 15:29:11 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pkg_add/delete bug?

    I grabbed top-3.3beta4.tgz and decided to try pkg_add on it (I
usually compile stuff from scratch, so pkg_add is new for me).  I forgot
I had 'top' running in another window, so this is what I get:

# pkg_add top-3.3beta4.tgz
tar: Could not create file bin/top : Text file busy
[go to the other window to quit 'top']

# pkg_add top-3.3beta4.tgz
Package `top-3.3beta4' already recorded as installed.
[Hmmm...]

# pkg_delete top-3.3beta4
# pkg_add top-3.3beta4.tgz
[Successful]

    I suppose this isn't really a bug.  There isn't much pkg_add can do
if certain files can't be installed.  Perhaps it should print some sort
of warning to the user that the installation is incomplete?

    Also, pkg_add wants a filename ("top-3.3beta4.tgz") while pkg_delete
wants a package name ("top-3.3beta4").  I know why it does this, but
could both be modified to accept either the filename or the package
name?  I'm rather fond of tabkey filename completion in the shell, but
'pkg_delete top-3.3beta4.tgz' won't work.